In order for a company to have a competitive advantage in today's business environment, it is essential to have highly qualified staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively use Information Technology.
The MSIT program is offered on 2 levels by top international IT consultants with industrial work experience in the Cambodian Industry:
- The MSIT program provides students an opportunity to further develop their IT knowledge and learn how to apply it in the real world. It prepares them for a career as an IT consultant or a Systems Analyst; and
- The MSIT with Management program provides students an opportunity to further develop their IT skills as well as their managerial knowledge by taking other subjects offered to MBA students. This program will give the ambitious students an opportunity to reach the very top in their career to positions such as Chief Information Officer or even Chief Executive Officer.
The two MSIT programs equip graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in selected areas of information technology. They focus on the understanding needed to communicate between senior management, technical experts and users, thus assisting organizations to use information technology more effectively.
The programs will enable students to understand what opportunities are offered by information technology, as well as its limitations, and therefore make effective management decisions in applying IT.
They aim to provide graduates with the intellectual tools and practical experience to enable them to act as bridges between management and technical computer
Student needs to complete 54 credits to be considered for the award of the degree. This can be obtained on two tracks:
- Thesis track – student takes 14 courses (42 credits), and writes a thesis (12 credits) that is then submitted in the official format. A final defense of the thesis is set with the presence of the official representatives from the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports (MoEYS).
- Non-thesis track - student takes 14 courses (42 credits), and in lieu of the thesis, takes four more subjects (12 credits) one of which is a research report that is also submitted in the official format. Final submission of this report serves as the basis for the student to take the state examinations set by the Graduate School with official observers from the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports (MoEYS).
The GPA requirement in all courses must be met in both tracks.
This program is made available on weekdays only and follows the given schedule:
From Monday to Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
|Course Description / Title
|Number of Credits
|Total Number of Credits
|Advance Operating and Networking Systems
|Advance Systems Analysis and Design
|Mobile Application Development
|Database Management Systems
|Management of Technical Projects**
|Geographical Information Systems
|Elective / Cognate Courses
|Information Technology for E-Commerce
|Global Strategic Management of Technological Innovation
|Strategic Management Information Systems
|Options for Thesis or Non Thesis Tract
|Option 1: For Thesis Tract
|Option 2: For Non Thesis Tract
|Information Technology Research Project
|International Human Resource Management
- The first three letters of the Course Code represents the Master's Program/Degree
- The first number of the Course Code represents the semester where such course is approximately offered
- The last two numbers of the Course Code represent the order of the subjects required to finish the said degree
- Courses with * are common subjects for MBA and MDM
- Courses with ** are subjects for State Exams
- NUGS reserves the right to change some of these courses from time to time in order to provide its students with the kind of education that meets the need of Cambodian's organizations and the country's development requirements.