BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
Cambodia will be integrated into the ASEAN in the near future. In order to compete with others, Cambodian students must have both ability in using English fluently and specific skills to dominate the regional workplaces.
Degree Requirements: The 4-year Bachelor of Arts in English program requirements is as adopted. To prepare our students for ASEAN integration, the college offers the following majors.
English for International Relations
- គ្រប់គ្រងផ្នែកអប់រំ និងបង្រៀនភាសាអង់គ្លេស
Educational Management & Teaching
The College of Arts, Humanities, and Languages is comprised of highly qualified and experienced lecturers of different nationalities, who can surely give students the ability to use the language effectively.
Apart from learning in the classroom, students are exposed to different situations and activities such as:
- Writing and Speaking Competitions and Debate Clubs which offer a chance for students to compete with each other in order to be awarded the best writers and speakers of the year and students also gain confidence to efficiently write and bravely speak in English;
- Workshops and Seminars where students have chances to interact with foreign students (Australia, Japan, and Singapore) to exchange their learning experiences and improve their capacity of using English to communicate;
- Internship Programs and Practicum which offer students opportunities to gain hand on work experience that they cannot get in the classroom. Many employers prefer to hire graduates who have had internship at their companies because they have already seen the commendable behavior and work performance of the interns.
- Study Tours and Community Services which allow students chances to put what they have learnt into real practice and opportunities to serve the community and to directly help some poor students; furthermore, students can learn more about life of the people with different standards of living.
ENGLISH FOR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (BA ENGIR)
This new degree opens the door to a wide range of career opportunities including human resource manager, project manager, in an international team or employment in an embassy or similar office. Earning this degree, the students will be able to work as Diplomats, Governmental Officers, Foreign Service Officers, Immigration Specialists, Foreign Affairs Analysis, Market Research Analysts, or Archivists.
EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT & TEACHING (BA EMT)
Deals with the study, evaluation, and use of different English language teaching approaches, techniques, and procedures. The actual classroom observation and practice teaching will aid the BAEMT students to discover for themselves the different factors that will contribute to effective language teaching and learning.
Earning this degree, the students will be able to work as School Directors/Princials, effective teachers, trainers, guides, and translators.
ENGLISH COMMUNICATION (BA ENGCOM)
BAEngCom aims to equip students with the necessary speaking, writing, and listening skills that they need especially if they are writing a paper, or preparing a speech, to be delivered in front of a selected audience or the public. Earning this degree, the students will be able to work as journalists, reporters, receptionists, secretaries, emcees, presenters, prominent speakers or researchers.